Wednesday, September 30, 2009

30SEP09

1020
It seems funny to me when people claim themselves to be apart of some nerd-dom when they don't know or fully understand all the underlying meanings and connotations of that specific nerd-dom. It's even funnier when they get things relating to that specific nerd-dom tattooed on themselves. Take this for example, "Expecto Patronum" Harry Potter Tattoo - A Fancy Plea For a Baby Daddy (Great White Shark). Being apart of the Harry Potter nerd-dom, I try my damnedest to understand meanings and roots to better appreciate the story at hand and the characters with in that specific universe. In the future I plan on getting a Harry Potter-verse related tattoo, but being the good nerd I am I have fully researched the meaning of the words being tattooed as well as where they are originally from and why they are in the book. This woman clearly did not. Getting the phrase 'expecto patronum' across your lower abdomen is not the product of rational or in-depth thought. She is basically saying to her next lover, hook-up, or fare "I need a daddy." Ma'am you fail. You're amount of fail is indescribable.
1030

No comments:

Post a Comment